Saturday, April 5, 2008

Job interview skills

Job interview skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JG0AbnmRqs&NR=1

Before the interview

- Research the organization to be wel informed of the company.

- Pan to sell three to five of your major strengths

- Prepare to answer possible questions/

Interview at Integrity Investments

Tell me about yourself, see if you could fit in

During the interview, be natural and indeed – establish eye contact and don’t across your harms and legs at the same times, set up straight and face your interviewer, avoid to be critical about your previous employers and others,

Tell me about your marketing experience

I have take a lot of writing courses, and then my college have a marketing major, so I did do a lot writing courses when I was in major in English literature, but since then I want to get in to marketing, so I interned at a magazine, and did a lot of go for different position, and I mave up to the copier editor in my magazine, and I also interned at an ad agency.

But as far as professional marketing, do you have any experience?

I have been, for the past couple of years, I’ve been collecting, you know, marketing campaign, sort of studying them, what tactics and technique they had that , you knew effective, especially learning about how the graphics combine with writing, and that sort of been studying on my own.

Focus on your strength and in the field, learn about the job responsibilities and company cultures to find out if the job is a good match for you.

Now you say that you do a lot of things outside in the theaters which songs great, but we sometimes get projects, that requires us to work late till evening, late hours, the deadline, you know the team really need to run around, usually the deadline is very straight. Tell me how you will handle the project if that will eat some of your social time.

That’s not a problem, because a lot of time, you know, plan and look ahead of your project,

So work the project on our schedule wouldn’t be a problem?

No, not at all, absolutely. I’m dedicated into get into marketing, like work in that field full time. Just because it’s so exiting, that you could do creative writing as well as marketing

Sometime the interviewer will test you abilities to think on your feet.

Let me set up a couple of for you, you tell me how you handle it.

This pen, sell me on the pen. Why should I buy this pen?

You should buy the pen because it’s stylish and professional, useful, I would probably show you how it work very well, you know the ink flow, how it’s, you know, very useful, economical and handy and you know, fits easily in the pocket.

Tell me sth else.

It comes variety of ink colors, and , you know, I would probably just stick with few points, you know, that was useful, comes in variety of different in colors, and it’s stylish.

Ok not bad, well, we are looking for someone who are work on the feet. And, you know, your resume speak of itself, we really need not only team player. We need some who really can work independently as well as with the team, and really just be own that sort of I’m looking for today.

I have been in a lot of positions that been given project, you know, fulfill them and done them really well,

And not afraid of new project, try sth that you havn’t been

Ask questions about career path, training and promotional policies. Conclude your interview positively

Ok, that went well, we’ll be looking for other candidates, I will be honest with you and say that some of them have a bit more marketing experiences than you. But we’ll be in touch with you in 2 weeks or so.

Thank you.

After the interview

- Make notes about the interview while it is fresh in your mind.

- Write a thank-you letter to the interviewer.

I think, overall, the interview went well, and I just think he asked a lot of tough questions that I wasn’t prepared for, and that I had to think on my feet, which get me a little bit stretch out. So overall, I think I answered them really well and I was poised and clear, and even though, I still don’t have the experience he was looking for. I do believe I talked about how many education and my internship, you know, previous jobs that were similar hopefully, that I did well. And I ‘ll get the job offer, I’’ll just keep my finger cross the

Well, that was went pretty well, first meet she seems obviously intelligent and pretty poised. 2 concerns of mine, lacking of marketing experience, of course, and you know we see a lot of , have a lot of hands on experience than she has. And of course the extra curricular theater stuff she was talking about. You know, we have project come up very quickly, and you know , we have team jump in it right away. Those are my concerns. As to her advantage, is she’s obviously very intelligent, she thinks very quick on her feet, and I was try to throw a couple of curve balls, and she went right for it, and that’s sth we very much looking for for our candidates, and you don’t see a lot , but she clearly is one of them. So we’ll be seeing her again for sure.

When you think about it, interview communications is just a special form of sells communication. While you are selling is yourself. Employers have particular expectations of resumes and letters about applications should look like. So this is the case where every word really counts and the techniques about 3 by 3 writing process become really critical. A job interview, is a sells call. And like any sells call, you have to prepare for it. Then get a good night sleep, and look your best, good luck.

Critical thinking – what did Besty do well in her interview? What could she have improved?

How can a candidate prepare for an interview?

How can a candidate prepare for and respond to behavioral/situational questions?

No comments: